Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I have a serious problem....

I'm addicted to Lucky Charm marshmallows.



I agree; they are oh so magically delicious! When I was younger, I remember going through a Lucky Charm phase. Grandma would buy a box for me. I would then proceed to pour the cereal out into a large mixing bowl and pick marshmallows out one by one. The marshmallows were transferred to a coffee mug. After I had collected enough to fill the cup up, I would mash them down and pull out one big, delicious, heavenly ball of sugary goodness. Such great memories! Seriously, try it sometime! I did this same thing with Oreos....scraping the cream filling out and tossing the cookies :-)

So, I have recently developed this obsession again. Not good. Yet soooo very good. And another thing to add to the addiction, they now make chocolate Lucky Charms. Yum.

In desperate attempt to find more marshmallows, since I have just finished off all of them from my most recent Lucky Charm purchase, I googled dehydrated marshmallows. Apparently I'm not alone! People have found a website where you can puchase 1 lb bags of dehydrated marshmallows (http://www.dottysbulkfoodstore.com/servlet/the-460/Dehydrated-Marshmallow-Bits%2C-Assorted/Detail). And check out this website, entitled Cereal Marshmallows (http://www.cerealmarshmallows.com/ordernow.aspx). If I had money to waste, I would seriously puchase the largest amount available. But, as I believe in DIY everything, I tried to find a way to make my own. Someone posted that all you have to do is heat marshmallows in the microwave until they've become much larger than their original size then freeze overnight. Worth a try! Pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment